The idea of the community center that has begun to take shape is that it could be a permanent indoor location that would be home to things like (but not limited to!) the following:
- Fresh Marketplace (open now on a weekly basis) A regular and consignment store selling:
- locally grown produce, meats, cheeses, eggs, flowers, plants, etc…
- local artisan products & crafts (Amish & English)
- hand-made candles, soaps, herbals, etc.
- really, anything appropriate that is locally grown or made.
- serves as a marketing focalpoint for all the local businesses in the surrounding area so folks can get a viw of some of their products and possibly spur them to go visit.
- Historical & Visitor Center
- Tool lending library (specialty garden tools for example)
- Educational area for classes on various topics
- Olden days workshop(s) for community use (I.e. manual woodworking shop, blacksmiths shop, etc.)
- Maker Space
If you are interested in serving on this committee please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.