A good community counts on its members to be involved for its maintenance and growth. There are numerous way to get involved in New Wilmington’s thriving. Whether your time, talents, or resources, all of us would be incredibly grateful for whatever you are able to give.
Some committees have already been formed to address various projects in town. Please see the direct contact information below if you would like to join these conversations.
Specific requests for volunteers and support can be found on our Bulletin Board. Be sure to check back regularly to see what needs are being requested and how you might be able to serve your community.
There are also opportunities for support funding if you would like to join our efforts that way. We offer both business and personal sponsorship packages. Please Connect with us if you would like more information on either of these options.
Current EDCom projects :
- Activities Committee – Providing interesting and sometimes UNUSUAL (I’m thinking Donut Daze!) community activities throughout the summer. Contact: Wendy Farmerie – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amphitheater Committee – Development of a community amphitheater in the NW Borough Park. Contact: Sherie Babb – email@example.com
- Community Center Committee – Re-development of the old NW Borough maintenance building into a diverse-use facility (Fresh Marketplace Farmers Market, Visitors Center, Historical Center, and Makerspace). Contact: Tom McKinley – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fresh Marketplace Committee – Farmers market & much more, Thursday evenings from 4-7. Contact: Mary Capoferri – email@example.com
- Streetscape Committee – Downtown beautification project. Contact: Susie Ligo – firstname.lastname@example.org
- LIVE New Wilmington – New Wilmington Branding Committee, focused on providing a vibrant and informative one-stop shop for everything New Wilmington. Contact Katanya Cathcart & Nicole Hunter – email@example.com
- Town/College Networking Committee – Focused on creating viable and plentiful tri-directional communication mechanisms between the College, the businesses and the community. Contact: Ken Romig – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wilmington Area Artist Guild – Working on highlighting the area’s vast number of artisans and their works, while also connecting them back to the community through workshops, demonstrations, exhibits, etc. Contact: Tami Weingartner – email@example.com